Summer is still going strong, so I thought I would share this great DIY Lemonade Recipe that was a big hit at our last BBQ. It’s really easy, doesn’t involve much work and was ultimately a crowd-pleaser!
- Two flavors of Lemonade (I used Simply Lemonade and Simply Lemonade with Raspberry)
- One bottle of Pellegrino (or any generic sparkling water product)
- Mint Leaves
- Optional: Turn this into a Hard Lemonade Bar by adding Vodka (I love Tito’s!)
Bar Accessories (optional):
- Two Karaffes (one for each flavor of Lemonade)
- Four small bowls (for the extra fruit and mint)
- Cups (I used a Mason Jar, but plastic cups work too)
- Straws (I used Decorative Straws, but regular plastic straws work too)
The first thing I did was separate out the fruit and mint and put them into separate bowls. Then I poured the Original and Raspberry Lemonade into separate Karaffes.
Here is a great trick…If you don’t have a funnel (because I didn’t), you can roll waxed paper and use it as one! Special thanks to my mother-in-law for this helpful tip!
Once I filled the Karaffes, I added some of the fruit and mint leaves to the top of each bottle. This was really just for looks. I would suggest putting the mint and fruit into the Karaffes before filling them if you want them to float around the bottle and add flavor.
Next, I added ice, fruit, mint and the Pellegrino to my cup. This is also a good opportunity to add vodka if you are looking for mixed drink!
Finally, add your choice of Lemonade flavor, throw in a straw and a few extra raspberries and you are good to go! I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Email me pictures of your DIY Lemonade Bar and I will post them!
See my post here for outfit details!
Happy shopping & bbqing!
MauAugust 18, 2015 at 2:36 pm
KristenAugust 25, 2015 at 10:27 am
It was delicious Mau and it was a big hit at the BBQ!